web3 forums

web3 and ethereum community forums

Guest Homepage Forums Welcome to caches caches is the most retarded idea ever Reply To: caches is the most retarded idea ever

• JBM

August 30, 2022 at 10:40 am
    elpanda EIP evm-badge EVM
    strata level 4 rank icon L4: Noob
    On the other hand, I do believe in JBM and his vision for this, and I think it can work.

Well I am going to ignore the boomer comments and say thank you! πŸ˜† I appreciate your trust and confidence! I will do my absolute best, I can promise everyone that! Look … forums feel old, I get that, but forums are still the most popular way communities and groups share ideas online to this day. I know I’m old too but I spend a lot of time on forums with my car friends, my gamer friends, my hacker friends, my philosophy friends … I even stumble on forum posts from 10 years ago that help me solve problems sometimes. It’s an old format, but it works, and it’s not owned by a megacorp that doesn’t care about us or our interests.

I could have gone with a straight forum and it would have probably been more feature filled than the current version, but I think the social/profile aspect of it is important too because it gives everyone a place to feature themselves if they choose. A little FB, a little Twitter, a little forums, a little encrypted chat, a little file storage, a little public/private niche specific groups… with all the anonymity and love you won’t get on any other website or platform. At caches, you aren’t the product… you’re a homie.